I was raised in the shoe family of Januzzi's Shoes. The ditty on the radio in the 80's went something like this: "All over the street, to happy feet. Get your shoozies at Januzzi's."

For some, they put on their writer's hat. For me, I wear my writer's shoes.


Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The Moon and Venus Ballroom Dance


Every once in a while, my senses are heightened by looking skyward....



The Moon and Venus Ballroom Dance


The moon and Venus climb together over the horizon,
The party soon ending,
night music quieting down.

Venus sashays past the moon coquettishly
flashing a golden dimple in a beam
that sets the core aglow.
She bats her eyelashes as she takes in
the tall cold drink that is the moon.

The moon shrinks back in her presence.
Her hold on his orbit is clear.
Aware of their pending split,
he continues his rise in the East
for the gift of one last glance

They travel their course
entwined like grapevines,
crossing behind, then in front of each other,
while sparks of star dust
fly off their heavenly forms.

1 comment:

mark said...

I too noticed this view as I left for the day today. Thanks for turning it into poetry!